Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HabibAdil
Helper IV
Helper IV

Power Query in Bi Service Does not Show Recent Data

Hi All,

I created a datafow, but it does not show the recent data (Quotes Sent this month). When I read the same data from our ERP then it appears in power query. I have other dataflows which work fine. I don't have any complicated transformation, just selected some columns. Please can someone suggest any solution? Thanks

HabibAdil_0-1593093095125.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HabibAdil ,

Which data source be used in this dataflow? And could you please if the related underlying data source did exist these recent data?

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response. The data exists in the data source. Please see below a screen shot of the data which is extracted from from the ERP/data source using Crystal report. It is only the Quotes table that is missing the values. The values are only missing if I create a data flow or link directly to Quotes table from power bi desktop (New report below). I have an older report that reads exactly the same table, but no values are missing (Old Report below). 

Recent Quotes Missing.png

Update: Another colleague tried to connect to the data source through ODBC and he can see the recent data (Date_Sent). I restarted my computer and now I can connect to the data source through ODBC and see the recent data, however the dataflow still does not pick up the recent data (refreshed manually).

Hi @HabibAdil ,

Thanks for providing these information. Could you please try to create a new dataflow with the same data source and same operations then check if it can get the most recent data?

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, I have already done that, it works. I wanted to know why this happened, it may lead to issues if this happens to data that is not so obvious to spot. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.