Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Query custom column sum last 5 days

Hi Guys, 

I have the following table columns: 

Posting date - Number of orders - Total sales

Now I want an extra custom column that sums the sales of every posting days - 5 days back. 
So on 13-11-2019 i want that the custom column shows me the sum of total sales from the dates 13-11 / 12-11 / 10-11 / 09/11 and 08/11. 

I know there are easy measures to fix this, but i really need it as a custom column in my table. 

Can somebody help me? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can refer to the following sample if it suitable for your requirement:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("TZLLjQNRCARz8dnCNH9iWTn/NPZZGpg5lxo1BX9/L3zwEUa/3i9hqnDOZnt93z8kg1qJnaU09EI6yIuiubxkUjYom06iApIX8kFRBATCbFKxKaeoMveMC+UgNRIF9DS5UA0qJk1ms5pUb0oJrirJuBB4F2sKjWibgVgd7T/kjuhh8hjJ3vDYjlghUqfJ6djYmWskjmK2VORWWSV2aiZba45j3E6YpDJKW4blw7KhHqfBSgkj1XYu7AprpYy4VVrV59prRYssvLN7Zgoel4sTYveZKavFmtxDxHzWk/tPhM5I7vT9LnvMzJb21s2tlgJBDBrYnqvFk6pNJHV7rhZJMj2PeZLDbi8g53DT+9PXSyi1QUR1zqf8cKZHKG6ful4yKNIB/Hb//gM=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Date = _t, Amount = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Date", type date}, {"Amount", type number}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Rolling 5 Days", each Function.Invoke((current as date,tb as table)=> List.Sum(Table.SelectRows(tb,each [Date]>=Date.AddDays(current,-5) and [Date]<=current)[Amount]),{[Date],#"Changed Type"}))
in
    #"Added Custom"

18.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you please share some sample data for test? I 'm not clear your data structure and it is hard to coding formula without any detail information.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

This is an example of the data. 
I need an extra column that sums the total sales of 5 days back from that date. 

So on 6-1-2019 it's a sum of 6-1 5-1 4-1 3-1 and 2-1

Knipsel.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can refer to the following sample if it suitable for your requirement:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("TZLLjQNRCARz8dnCNH9iWTn/NPZZGpg5lxo1BX9/L3zwEUa/3i9hqnDOZnt93z8kg1qJnaU09EI6yIuiubxkUjYom06iApIX8kFRBATCbFKxKaeoMveMC+UgNRIF9DS5UA0qJk1ms5pUb0oJrirJuBB4F2sKjWibgVgd7T/kjuhh8hjJ3vDYjlghUqfJ6djYmWskjmK2VORWWSV2aiZba45j3E6YpDJKW4blw7KhHqfBSgkj1XYu7AprpYy4VVrV59prRYssvLN7Zgoel4sTYveZKavFmtxDxHzWk/tPhM5I7vT9LnvMzJb21s2tlgJBDBrYnqvFk6pNJHV7rhZJMj2PeZLDbi8g53DT+9PXSyi1QUR1zqf8cKZHKG6ful4yKNIB/Hb//gM=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Date = _t, Amount = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Date", type date}, {"Amount", type number}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Rolling 5 Days", each Function.Invoke((current as date,tb as table)=> List.Sum(Table.SelectRows(tb,each [Date]>=Date.AddDays(current,-5) and [Date]<=current)[Amount]),{[Date],#"Changed Type"}))
in
    #"Added Custom"

18.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great code! Thank you 

Any advice to adding groups to the code? I.e. accumulate last five days' sales for each product? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft 

Do i just need to ad an custom column with this code? 

Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Rolling 5 Days", each Function.Invoke((current as date,tb as table)=> List.Sum(Table.SelectRows(tb,each [Date]>=Date.AddDays(current,-5) and [Date]<=current)[Amount]),{[Date],#"Changed Type"}))

Or what do i have to do, i'm quite new in the whole powerquery part.  

When  i try this, i get not the same result as you @v-shex-msft 

HI @Anonymous ,

You can add a custom column and paste above formula in it:

Function.Invoke((current as date,tb as table)=> List.Sum(Table.SelectRows(tb,each [Date]>=Date.AddDays(current,-5) and [Date]<=current)[Amount]),{[Date],#"Changed Type"})

Notice: replace bold part with your column and steps name.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.