cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srutt
Regular Visitor

Power Query Table.ToList format not converting to date

I'm trying to convert a table of dates to a list (using Table.ToList), but I get an error that states it cannot convert the dates to a text.  How can I convert the table and keep the date format?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pqian
Microsoft
Microsoft

@srutt Why do you need the list of dates?

In any case, you can simply right click the table column's header and select "Drill Into", that should give you the column as a list. FYI, drilling into table columns yields a list, drilling into table rows yields a record.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pqian
Microsoft
Microsoft

@srutt Why do you need the list of dates?

In any case, you can simply right click the table column's header and select "Drill Into", that should give you the column as a list. FYI, drilling into table columns yields a list, drilling into table rows yields a record.

srutt
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I figured it something easy that I was missing. 

On your question, I needed the list to create a custom function that works like NetworkDays but also excludes certain holidays. 

srutt
Regular Visitor

let
    Source = Sql.Database("xxx", "db"),
    dbo_tblHolidaySchedule = Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="tblHolidaySchedule"]}[Data],
    ChangedType = Table.TransformColumnTypes(dbo_tblHolidaySchedule,{{"HolidayDate", type date}}),
    RemovedOtherColumns = Table.SelectColumns(ChangedType,{"HolidayDate"})
in
    Table.ToList(RemovedOtherColumns)

Here's the code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.