Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maracles
Resolver II
Resolver II

Power Query Showing 161 Errors but cannot find them

I'm trying to load some data into my .PBX file which was working but now isn't. The file is coming from a local .xlsx file and is in the form of a table. 

The table itself is formed from appending one table to the bottom of another table using Power Query. Below you will the errors that I am getting:

161errors.png

My first step was to click the 161 errors link, this usually shows the affected rows, however when I do this I only get:

no_errors_showing.png

Strange, no errors are being displayed, even if I take a step up to 'Kept Errors'.

I then followed the guide here (https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2014/12/22/viewing-error-messages-for-all-rows-in-power-query/) and did a 'try' column for each column testing if each has an error and all of them came back false.

Any ideas - this is causing me major problems. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

Typically, when things get weird with Excel data sources, I checke the following.

1.  Does someone have it open?

2.  did the format change to a point where it would cause errors?

3.  Did a tab name or file name change?

I start by looking at these and see what I can find.  If these things aren't at fault, let us know and we'll try and help you out.

Nate

Thanks for your reply. 

1. No-one else had it open.
2. The format had not changed. 
3. The name of the tables had changed but I knew this would break the table and I had gone into Advanced mode and edited the query directly to update the names so I don't think this was the issue.

I managed to reduce the errors to 30 errors and have been able to work out that the errors are affecting rows which I do not need in my current analysis however it's still odd that I can't actually identify what is causing the specific problems. 

I have the same issue, when I apply an filter in the query, I get 3072 records in the result, with 3072 errors.

When I click the errors, an emtpy table appears, just like your example.

As a result of this error one specifick columns gets completely empty, so perhaps is the problem somewhere in this column.

Even if a plly this filter as first (and only) action, this occurs.... 

Me too. No errors anywhere in any step of the query itself yet get a message saying 16,001 rows loaded and 16,001 errors. But the Errors table is EMPTY.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.