cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kmccool
Regular Visitor

Re: Power Query SharePoint List Error with Allow Multiple Selection on People or Group Field

@Vicky_Song Are there any updates on this issue?

Thanks

jup
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power Query SharePoint List Error with Allow Multiple Selection on People or Group Field

same problem for me with multi selection columns and even the version column !

Veles Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I'm still getting this problem. I have a few Person columns that are single selection only and I am able to exapnd those fine. I have one multi select column which shows as a table rather than a record and I get an error when I try and expand it.

I just want to get a colon separated list of names like you do when you export to Excel.

Very frustrating!

bmcilquham

Is there any update to this?

If I was to use the OData fix, I don't get columns "Managed Metadata" column types returned.  If I change the "[ApiVersion = 15]" from 15 to 14 it switches me back to SP2010 which doesn't allow me access to "Managed Metadata" column types either.  Setting certain columns to not be null or not multi-select is not an option.

Environment:

• SP2013
  • Power BI Desktop version 2.56.5023.942 64-bit (March 2018)
Gopher500
Frequent Visitor

Changing to [ApiVersion = 14] in Source fixed my problem with the SharePoint List column names not updating to the current column SharePoint title when pulling the list into power Bi. Microsoft should fix this for 15!

The problem "Expression.Error:" went away for me if you rebuild the applied steps  in the query editor after the Navigation (default name) step. (Note:  in ThoSch's code step was called List.)

karo Helper II
Helper II

Any updates regarding this error? It seems that the issue occures since 2015 and still not resolved...

Sam88
Frequent Visitor

Hi!
is there any news on this topic?

I read in other post the possible temporary workaround, filling null values or disableallowing multiple selection.

thanks.

best regards.

DanielaHo
Frequent Visitor

Hello - I am still facing this issue.. any fix yet? 

Changing API to 14 resolves the prolem BUT as a result the multi-select columns only return the first value, not all of them. So that's not a very useful 'fix'... 😞

karo Helper II
Helper II

Hi @DanielaHo Unfortunately nothing  new what I am aware of - except of changing Sharepoint List configuration 😞

DanielaHo
Frequent Visitor

Well the strange thing is that I have a different list with exactly the same column - multi-select choice - and Power BI is handling it perfectly fine!? So it does not seem to be an issue across the board.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors