cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnthonyEdmed Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power Query Salesforce Refresh

Hi

I have a query that readily pulls data from Salesforce Task object directly into Excel 2010 via Power Query.

I need to schedule this to run after midnight and retrieve a previous day's data, which I have attempted in Excel, Data,  Connections, Properties, Refresh every x minutes.

This runs perfectly if I refresh every 10 minutes (overkill for a file that only needs to refresh daily!), but anything over 15 minute interval fails, returning a 'User not authorised' error, which I presume is a result of Saleforce disconnecting me due to inactivity. I have selected 'Remember me'  in my PQ login.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: Power Query Salesforce Refresh

@AnthonyEdmed

I suggest you add timeout in your underlying M query. Go to Advanced Editor, and "[Timeout=#duration(0, 0, 30, 0)]" in your query string. Please refer to links below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Query-Timeout-on-update/td-p/53459

https://www.pbiug.com/pbiug/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=133&MID=1468&...

Regards,

AnthonyEdmed Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power Query Salesforce Refresh

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately this doesn't appear to work with Salesforce objects:

PQ SF timeout error.PNG

Just for clarity, my query isn't timing out due to the time taken to pull back data from Salesforce (that works quickly) - it's the refresh that causes the issue. Not sure whether this timeout statement would resolve that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors