Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnthonyEdmed
Frequent Visitor

Power Query Salesforce Refresh

Hi

I have a query that readily pulls data from Salesforce Task object directly into Excel 2010 via Power Query.

I need to schedule this to run after midnight and retrieve a previous day's data, which I have attempted in Excel, Data,  Connections, Properties, Refresh every x minutes.

This runs perfectly if I refresh every 10 minutes (overkill for a file that only needs to refresh daily!), but anything over 15 minute interval fails, returning a 'User not authorised' error, which I presume is a result of Saleforce disconnecting me due to inactivity. I have selected 'Remember me'  in my PQ login.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@AnthonyEdmed

I suggest you add timeout in your underlying M query. Go to Advanced Editor, and "[Timeout=#duration(0, 0, 30, 0)]" in your query string. Please refer to links below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Query-Timeout-on-update/td-p/53459

https://www.pbiug.com/pbiug/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=133&MID=1468&...

Regards,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately this doesn't appear to work with Salesforce objects:

PQ SF timeout error.PNG

Just for clarity, my query isn't timing out due to the time taken to pull back data from Salesforce (that works quickly) - it's the refresh that causes the issue. Not sure whether this timeout statement would resolve that?

Did you resolve this - I have exactly the same issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.