Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power Query No Longer Refreshes Data Sources in Excel 2016

Since updating to Excel 2016 - Power Query no longer refreshes my data sources in any of my Excel files!

All those files were fine just couple days ago - before the Excel 2016 update...

Wow - Did I update Excel too early - Anyone else have this problem?

PowerQuery.png

I tried to update just Power Query - but since its built in Excel 2016 it won't let you install just the newest Power Query.

PBI Desktop refreshes the same sources just fine and all pbix files are fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Well after giving me the same message you see above for about 2 hours - it seems the problem has gone away and the refresh is back working! No idea what happened.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Well here we go again - another error when refreshing sources with Power Query in Excel 2016.

PowerQuery - Error2.png

I only added 6 rows of new data in one of my data sources.

Again PBI Desktop refreshes the same source with no problem and all pbix reports work fine.

However I still have a few reports that are in Excel based on the same data because I can embed a spreadsheet on a webpage.

Power Query in Excel won't update...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.