Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pbi07
Helper V
Helper V

Power Query Merge rows and get latest date

Have a basic question on how power query can do merge rows and pick laest date . 

I have a table with order details  and another with the shipments against each order. Need to show in the visual that for each order the shipments are complete and show the last shipment date of the order and show the average days to ship for a selected date range.  Order -> Shipment table have a 1 to many relation. 

I was trying to do a simple grouping, but how to pick the latest date if their are multiple shipments 

Customer   Order#     Days to ship     

100             8000000     9

101             8000001     20 

Sample model is attached. This is a direct query model. IS it better to do grouping and then do a lookup for the latest date for the Order #? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R-n3GB2KRw7k970OxICrph8cLTneFtNo/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks @amitchandak 

I was looking if it is possible to achieve without the Dax. I keep seeing articles to utilize the Query engine for table joins etc. So, i was trying to do those transformations and identifying the shipped lines via the Query. Is that not achievable with out the DAX ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.