Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NumeritasMartin
Frequent Visitor

Power Query Max Date from large data set

Good Afternoon Powerbi team,

I was hoping someone could educate me on the best practice for my issue. I have a solution but I am positive it is the most memory inefficient solution.

Solution is being built in Excel 2013.

The model I am building gets data [an excel file per month] from three folders, so for a full year it is 36 files.

I need to identify the latest date/month these are for so I can apply my forecast to the following months.

For a dynamic solution I am simply referencing the dataset detailed above, remove all other non date columns and filter on the latest value and convert to a list. The problem is everytime it refreshes it checks every file and is time consuming.

Other option is of course to have a named range which the user updates, but I'd prefer a dynamic solution.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @NumeritasMartin,

From your description, I could not understand what is your desired result, could you please post more detail pictures about your data structure and your desired result if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.