Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

rfaure
Helper I
Helper I

[Power Query - M] Text.Contains

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner in the language M. And I come to call for your help.
I wish in advance to apologize for my writing, I am not good in English. (Thank you Google Translate)

The problem :

I have two tables

first table with the following data:

Coloumn1
AAA-CCC/CCC
CCC BBB/DDD
DDD-AAA CCC

second table with the following table :

Column1Column2
AAAAGRA
BBBBGRB

In my first table, I try to check each character. If a string corresponds to an element of my column 1 of my second table, I get the corresponding element of my column 2.

I used the following code but I don't understand how to declare some variable :

let
    WordSearch = Table.Column(#"MatriceOCAM", "Nom OCAM"), 
    WordWanted = Table.Column(#"MatriceOCAM", "Réseau"),
    SearchWord = (InputText, Position) => if Text.Contains(InputText,WordSearch(Position))= true then Result = WordWanted(Position) else @SearchWord(InputText, Position+1)
in
    Result

Thanks , bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rfranca
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

hi, @rfaure

1. Import to TABLE 1
2. Import to TABLE2
3. Change the query in TABLE1
4. In QUERY EDITOR (the code below)

let
    Fonte = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\adm\Desktop\KUNDOO 345233\KUNDOO_345233.xlsx"), null, true),
    DATES_Sheet = Fonte{[Item="TABELA1",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
    #"Cabeçalhos Promovidos" = Table.PromoteHeaders(DATES_Sheet, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Colunas Renomeadas" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Cabeçalhos Promovidos",{{"Column1", "Column0"}}),
    #"Personalização Adicionada" = Table.AddColumn(#"Colunas Renomeadas",  "TABELAS", each TABELA2 ),
    #"TABELAS Expandido" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Personalização Adicionada", "TABELAS", {"Column1", "Column2"}, {"Column1", "Column2"}),
    #"Personalização Adicionada1" = Table.AddColumn(#"TABELAS Expandido", "Personalizar", each if Text.PositionOf([Column0],[Column1])>=0 then "Ok!" else "Nk!"),
    #"Tipo Alterado" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Personalização Adicionada1",{{"Column0", type text}, {"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Personalizar", type text}})
in
    #"Tipo Alterado"

Clipboard01.gifClipboard02.gifClipboard03.gif

Please try and test using it. And please mark the right reply as answer if your issue has been resolved, otherwise, please feel free to ask if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Rfranca

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.