Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Query - Load To function for new workbook

Hello Gurus,

I've requirement from my management that data which is loaded using powery query (Load To function) should be moved to new workbook instead of moving to new worksheet. Tried but couldn't able to find the solution.

Example, the sheet consist of 100+ customers with each customer has 20+ line items, now everytime referesh button is pressed all those work book should get updated.

Appreicate your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Mallikarjun

7 REPLIES 7
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

I'm afraid i cannot fully understand it. Below are some articles for you to check. If it is not your case, please explain more about your question so that we can help further on it.

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/09/19/loading-data-from-multiple-excel-workbooks-into-power-bi-and-making-sure-data-refresh-works-after-publishing/

https://www.myexcelonline.com/blog/consolidate-multiple-excel-workbooks-using-power-query/

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply @v-cherch-msft,

When the data is being transformed/edited in powery query editor and Close & Apply button is pressed to import/Load the data.

I would like to know, if we can import transformed data (after making changes) to new work book while selecting Load to option. Currently, we've data to be loaded in current worksheet only. Can we load the data to new workbook and build connection between both workbooks.

Hope this cleares you, else, let me know so that i can example you with example.

Regards,

Arjun

Hi @Anonymous

I would suggest you may reference or duplicate the workbook as a new workbook. Then you may make some changes for the new workbook. Then you may load these two and build connection between them. Here is the document about these function.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your quick response,

Could you please be so kind to give me steps how to copy Reference to new workbook as I tried till Reference option and couldn't able to acheive.

Appreciate your understanding.

Regards,

Arjun

Hi @Anonymous

You may have a look at this document. Right-click the workbook in query editor.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-cherch-msft,

Until reference option I've copied the query. Now, how can I load this reference query to new workbook and build connection.

Untitled.png

Regards,

Arjun

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry for misunderstanding it, the above way is used in Power BI Desktop. It seems an issue with power query, right? I would suggest you go here for further help.

Regards,

Cherie

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.