Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Query: Folder: Multiple Excel Files : Extract creation date

Hello,

I am using Power Query Folder option as the data source which will have multiple excel files. All the excel files will be in same format with same header. I need to append all these records with a extra column "Creation Date" and add to the records.

KarthikKV_0-1630361276469.png

I am almost there but not sure how to merge date created column above with each file.

Thanks,

Karthik

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can click on the double arrows on the Content column and use the Combine & Transform feature.  Or you can add a column with Excel.Workbook([Content]) to get a Table with the Excel contents, and then update that expression to drill in further.  For example, Excel.Workbook([Content]){0}[Data].

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Click combine files:

vxulinmstf_1-1630566470203.png

Expand the table:

vxulinmstf_2-1630566596782.png

vxulinmstf_3-1630566606643.png

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-xulin-mstf  / @mahoneypat ,

Both the solution works and thanks for the information. 

For anyone who is referring in future can click below link for more information.

https://anvari.net/Computers_Business/Highline%20Excel%202016%20Class%2021%20PQ%20to%20Import%20Mult...

Thanks,

Karthik

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Click combine files:

vxulinmstf_1-1630566470203.png

Expand the table:

vxulinmstf_2-1630566596782.png

vxulinmstf_3-1630566606643.png

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can click on the double arrows on the Content column and use the Combine & Transform feature.  Or you can add a column with Excel.Workbook([Content]) to get a Table with the Excel contents, and then update that expression to drill in further.  For example, Excel.Workbook([Content]){0}[Data].

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.