Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Query Filter doesnt works

Hello, I have a strange Problem  and I Hope anyone can help:

I imported some data from a odata source (sap data via theobald). In PowerQuery I've added a filter on a column. The filter was applied and shown in the M Code. But the Filter does not have any affected on the preview data and does not any changes in the data model ( dax). The filter does not work! The filter is very easy, I've only selected some elements in a list. 

On the next step I've created a calculated column and checked via M if the value does meet the filter requirements and put into the column a 1, if not, a 0. Next I filter the column to the value 1 and it works. 

I think powerbi does push the filter against the odata source and this step doesn't works?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I've try to monitor the dataflow via Fiddler.

If I import data via ODATA and filter it via M, the filter will be pushed to the REST service:

http://services.odata.org/V4/Northwind/Northwind.svc/Categories?$filter=CategoryID%20eq%201%20or%20C...

So I think the ODATA service by the customer has some problems.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
cs_skit
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

you are importing the data as in shown here right?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-connect-odata/

If you do that the data is loaded to your PBI Desktop and should be able to be filtered locally.

Maybe you can give some more details on where you put the filter and how your data looks like you want to filter?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do it like this - here some Screens from Demo Data - in this example everything works fine:

2017-07-04_18-42-21.png2017-07-04_18-42-54.png2017-07-04_18-43-11.png

In my productive envoirement the M Filter does not work. And I don't know why?

Hi @Anonymous,

After add filter in Power Query, have you click the "Apply" button?

1.PNG

And I personally suggest you get data from other resouce(Eg,Excel) and add filter in same step, and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, of course!

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on your screenshot above, could you please share a screenshot after you click "Ok"?

In addition, please save your .pbix file and restart it, check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive Gott the issue only within the theobald odata Data (Please See at mal First Post die Mode details). If the Filter only on Client Side, I just Search on the Client for solutions. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I've try to monitor the dataflow via Fiddler.

If I import data via ODATA and filter it via M, the filter will be pushed to the REST service:

http://services.odata.org/V4/Northwind/Northwind.svc/Categories?$filter=CategoryID%20eq%201%20or%20C...

So I think the ODATA service by the customer has some problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive Gott the issue only within the theobald odata Data (Please See at mal First Post die Mode details). If the Filter only on Client Side, I just Search on the Client for solutions. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.