Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DANNYFROMIT

Power Platform On-Premises Data Gateway permissions - Can use the gateway to create apps and flow

Power Platform On-Premises Data Gateway permissions - Can use the gateway to create apps and flow

In the Power Platform Admin Center I have navigated to Data Preview > On-premises data gateways and selected the ... (ellipsis)  selected manage users and added the user I would like to provide access to. I have granted the user can use access but every time the user attempts to access gateway from Power Automate they get the error "You don't have a gateway installed" 

1. I have created the environment in power platform (UK) in the same region where our current data is stored in UK South (London)   

2. I have provided the user with the Admin access (Can manage gateway users, configuration and associated data sources and connections) to the on-premise data gateway and he can access the gateway fine.  I have noticed anyone I add as an Admin has no issues seeing the gateway

Microsoft articles state you can provide customers with access to can use permissions but I suspect an additional required is required. Can I get some assistance on this please? 

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

We're baffled by this new setting as well. Neither "Can use"  nor "Can share"  seem to serve any discernible purpose.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.