Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naveen73
Helper III
Helper III

Power Pivot shows wrong values and format

Hi,

I have a strange problem with Power Pivot. Please see screenshot below

When using the “normal” pivot table, I am able to get the real values in the last column after doing the filtration i.e. I am not using the value function. See screenshot on the right.

When I am using the data that I pushed in Data Model and use Power Pivot I am not getting the same results in the last column. See screenshot on the left. I seems that:

1. Power Pivot is showing the different format: decimal
  2. It is rounding the value.

For example 59.17% has become 1.00 and one value of 44.97% has become 0 while another 44.97% is given (blank).

naveen73_0-1647176170214.png

Thanks,

Nav

3 REPLIES 3
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

@naveen73 would need some sample data to try to recreate and diagnose the issue...

Please see a short version of the file. The problem is still there.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmXFWfbdHWC4buVxWqjosIilI3A?e=Gm9T2U

Appreciate your response and request for data. However, the file is very large (> 60mb).

What is worth to say, is that in the column "Amount", where the "problem" lies, there are several types of data. All are figures but they range from 0.001% to 2million (2,000,000). The reason for this is the column "Item" are balance sheet items (> 2k) as well as balance sheet ratios (< 1.5%).

I also change in Power Query the format of the "Amount" column to "%" because I am only interested in the items that are ratios.

Does this help?

thanks,

Nav

Does this help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.