Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gourd_J
Helper I
Helper I

Power KPI Matrix - "second KPI Indicator Value" and sparkline formatting

In the Power KPI Matrix v3 instrucitonal report there is a page "KPI Indicator Instructions" that shows how to change the default values of the KPI formatting so that "-1, 0 , 1" can be accommodated in the KPI Indicator. I don't think this can be done for the Second KPI Indicator column or the spark line right?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

reposting this in the Custom Visualization Discussion board.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Gourd_J,

What do you mean "change the default values of the KPI formatting"? Would you please provide more description about "change the default values of the KPI formatting so that "-1, 0 , 1" can be accommodated in the KPI Indicator." ? If would better if you could illustrate with some examples.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In the Power KPI Matrix sample report "PowerKPIMatrix.2.1.4.0.pbix" their is an instruction page of "KPI Indicator Instructions". On it there is a yellow card describing "Do you support KPI values from Analysis Services (Such as -1, 0, -1)?" which says:

Yes, you can map the desired numeric index value to each KPI. The default Value is "1" for KPI 1; "2" for KPI 2", etc. However, you can change KPI 2 to use a value of zero and KPI 3 to use a value of negative one, etc.

Power KPI Matrix has a similar column to "KPI Indicator" (titled "KPI Status" on the sample report) of "Second KPI Indicator Value" (titled "To Prior Year" in the sample report). This column does not appear to apply any of the formatting from the "KPI Indicator" formatting section, custom or otherwise.

* correction to my original post, I do think that the sparkline is adhearing to the new custom "KPI Indicator" formatting for -1, 0, 1.

Thanks

Gord

reposting this in the Custom Visualization Discussion board.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.