Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deasons22
Helper II
Helper II

Power KPI Matrix Loosing formatting when loading new data

I'm looking to see why the data formatting and is reverting back to "+0%;-0%;0%"  every time I load new data. 

Basically our process is to update an excel sheet, adding new data for the month. This sheet is then uploaded to a SQL table. I have a SQL view that joins the links to the metrics table. That join has all the fields needed to complete the form. 

Should I not be joining these two tables together?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've found how the issue occurs. If you change one of these Row_Link columns listed below in your database, the data will revert back to the default format for all metrics:

KPI Name

Link Text

Category

Metric Order

Cat Order

I really think this is a bug. What's point of having an ID Column if it going to act like a composite key. 

Also if you revert back to what the value(s) were the previous formatting comes back. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @deasons22,

What is your version of Power BI desktop? And could you please describe your issue more specificly and kinly share your sample data to me if possible.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

I'm on the August 2018 release and the 2.1.4.0 version of the KPI Matrix. I'm using the Row Based approach. 

We do a monthly update to an excel sheet. Then I have and SSIS package that loads that into SQL tables. I created a view that joins the links and metrics tables. Then I refresh the report. I would think it could be replicated by having a custom format on a value or target and then add new data to a sql table and refreshing data. 

The links table will barely ever have an update, and the metrics table will get new data monthly. 

When I refresh the pbix file all my formatting is lost and then I have to go to about 30 line items to change the current, previous and target values. 

Thanks,

Sam

I've found how the issue occurs. If you change one of these Row_Link columns listed below in your database, the data will revert back to the default format for all metrics:

KPI Name

Link Text

Category

Metric Order

Cat Order

I really think this is a bug. What's point of having an ID Column if it going to act like a composite key. 

Also if you revert back to what the value(s) were the previous formatting comes back. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.