Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmurchie
Frequent Visitor

Power KPI Matrix 3.1.1 - Row Heights When Filtering

Hi. I'm using Power KPI Matrix 3.1.1 for reporting into governance.  I have all KPIs in a single data source (sqldb).  Wroks really nicelly, but when I filter the report by organisational unit (see below) the height of the rows keeps varying and I have no idea why.  I tried starting from scratch, but the same thing happens.  This tiny cosmetic thing is causing a real problem.

mmurchie_0-1673624664613.png

Depending on the order I filter I can get this (which is what I want - consistent row height):

mmurchie_1-1673624712907.png

or this (a real pain - seemingly random double heights in places):

mmurchie_2-1673624786927.png

Any inisghts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomasAndersson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Weird. Do you have any other columns? Do you get the same if you only have that column in the matrix/a table visual?

Could it have something to do with a Text wrap? Maybe if you disable it?

TomasAndersson_0-1673625778479.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomasAndersson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Weird. Do you have any other columns? Do you get the same if you only have that column in the matrix/a table visual?

Could it have something to do with a Text wrap? Maybe if you disable it?

TomasAndersson_0-1673625778479.png

Hi Tomas - many thanks for replying.  In the Power KPI Matrix, the only place I see the controls for Text Wrap is under the "Header" option.  I've tried toggling with no impact.

You're right it is weird.  The same KPI will change its height depending on which filter was selected immediately before it.

Actually I take that back.  When I've come out and gone back in that does seem to have fixed it, with the downside that some of my metric names are too long to be seen and I can't wrap the text ot it goes wonky again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.