Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lawsc76
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi x axis date display jun and Dec

hi

I would like to show monthly data in the bar chart but x-axis only display wording Jun and Dec only.

Expected outcome.

lawsc76_1-1602552157197.png

Power BI 

lawsc76_0-1602552051622.png

After created in Power BI, notice the months displayed in chart are Jul and Jan. Is there a way to change to Jun and Dec of each year?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lawsc76 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

I’m sorry to say that it can’t be changed because the date displayed on the x-axis after drilling is selected by system default. You may submit an idea Here:https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/.

You can also set the start and end time to show the time period you want or choose ‘categorical’ type to show all time periods instead.

Like this:

v-janeyg-msft_0-1602749045745.png

v-janeyg-msft_1-1602749045746.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lawsc76 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

I’m sorry to say that it can’t be changed because the date displayed on the x-axis after drilling is selected by system default. You may submit an idea Here:https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/.

You can also set the start and end time to show the time period you want or choose ‘categorical’ type to show all time periods instead.

Like this:

v-janeyg-msft_0-1602749045745.png

v-janeyg-msft_1-1602749045746.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @lawsc76 Can you share a sample data? Your expected outcome is Bar chart or line chart?

Are there multiple rows per year? you wanted to plot all data but show x-Axis with June and Dec month labels only? 

-Namish

Hi,

sorry to confuse you. It is line chart. Yes, i would like to plot all data but show x-axis with June and Dec month label only.

Have been trying few times but the label still displaying Jul and Jan.

Attached sample data for your reference. please download from link below.

https://we.tl/t-31spdE2H3E

Spoiler

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lawsc76 , Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Try a measure like

if(Max(date[Month])>= 6 && Max(date[Month])<=12 , [Measure] , blank())

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.