Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jonnokc
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi will not import query from Access with "Like" criteria

Hello,

I am new to Power Bi. I typically build all my queries in Access. I tried to import them into Power Bi, but Power Bi shows all my queries which contain a "Like" criteria as empty. Is there a workaround for this? This seems like a huge oversight.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I just tried and get the same issue,

Two workarounds:

Connecting via ODBC seems to work, I set up a DSN and used = Odbc.Query("DSN=test;Uid=;Pwd=;", "SELECT * FROM tmp") although you can use a DSNless connection.

As an alternative workaround can you take the like clause out of the query and filter the data in Power BI? Not ideal but might resolve in short term.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdeast

Hello, 

I am experiencing the same issue with "LIKE" criteria in a linked Access query.

Was there ever a resolution to this?

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I just tried and get the same issue,

Two workarounds:

Connecting via ODBC seems to work, I set up a DSN and used = Odbc.Query("DSN=test;Uid=;Pwd=;", "SELECT * FROM tmp") although you can use a DSNless connection.

As an alternative workaround can you take the like clause out of the query and filter the data in Power BI? Not ideal but might resolve in short term.

I technically could. What would be the equivilant of performing this in power bi?

For me this has always been very simple in access and has always been one of the reasons I love it. I can build out my queries and whenever I need to I simply update my data tables and boom, my filtered results.

If I can technically do a similar thing in power bi I would be all for that. Sadly I simply dont know how to do the same thing. How can I mimimic the contains function?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.