Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frixel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power Bi time not in sync with laptop

Hi all,

Where in the settigs can i find so the time in Power BI portal is in sync with my laptop?

Frixel_0-1640268621314.png

20 REPLIES 20
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Frixel ,

It seems unlikely that  the time in Power BI portal is in sync with your laptop. You can only refresh the data when you in need.  Or submit an idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Frixel ,

Please configure auto time option.

Auto date/time can be configured globally or for the current file. The global option applies to new Power BI Desktop files, and it can be turned on or off at any time. For a new installation of Power BI Desktop, both options default to on.

The current file option, too, can also be turned on or off at any time. When turned on, auto date/time tables are created. When turned off, any auto date/time tables are removed from the model.

11.PNG

In Power BI Desktop, you select File > Options and settings > Options, and then select either the Global or Current File page. On either page, the option exists in the Time intelligence section.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft 

If you can see here under, i have that option enabled but still the time in the filter is not right.

Frixel_0-1640589138672.png

Frixel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@parry2k 

It seems this also not working.

Frixel_0-1640291754345.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Frixel that's the way but getting Request Access error, or you can email me directly. My email is in my signature.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Frixelcan you share the power bi file if this doesn't contain sensitive data.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Frixel that's it, so your local time is +1 UTC time so when you are adding UTC Time in your model, you are getting an hour difference. In PQ where you added UTC time column, add one hour to it and it will bring the UTC time to your time zone and from there it should work.

Follow us on LinkedIn

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

@parry2k 

So i think you mean i mus add it in this formule?

But where do i put the +1 hour?

Frixel_0-1640287276134.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Frixel Sorry, TZ -> Time Zone 🙂

@parry2k 

You mean this?

Frixel_0-1640286501077.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Frixel What is your TZ that shows on the computer? Is it UTC?

@parry2k 

What do you mean with TZ? 🙄

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Frixel 

TZ = Time Zone. The filter panel of your desktop is taking the time directly from the source http://worldtimeapi.org/api/timezone/Europe/Amsterdam that's why it is reading it different from what's in your computer

aj1973_0-1640300024305.png

the solution would be is to use 5 as a relative time to apply in your filter or change the time of your computer to UTC Time Zone.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

@aj1973 

I think my computer has the UTC Time Zone 

Frixel_0-1640333582839.png

And in the source (messure Dutch UTC Time) is in the query the time right.

Frixel_1-1640333933535.png

But when i put the Dutch UTC Time in the filter then is the time -1 hour 🤣

Frixel_2-1640334401955.png

so what must i do for the right time in the filter?

Frixel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Anonymous 

I don`t understand it and don`t know what to do for a fix 😥

It is my own report what i just have made on desktop version and upload to service.

In desktop i have also the wrong time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frixel  seems the time zone is always defaulted to UTC  as mentioned below in consideration section and you need to make changes on query editor to convert data in UTC.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/slicer-filter-relative-time

• "Time zone considerations: Data models in Power BI don't include time zone info. The models can store times, but there's no indication of the time zone they're in. The slicer and filter are always based on the time in UTC. If you set up a filter in a report and send it to a colleague in a different time zone, you both see the same data. Unless you or your colleague are in the UTC time zone, you both must account for the time offset you’ll experience. Use the Query Editor to convert data captured in a local time zone to UTC."

@Anonymous 

I have this messure in the report/queri where you see that there is well the right time.

If i used that messure in the filter u see that the time is not correct.

What must i do to fix this?

Frixel_2-1640285756840.png

Frixel_1-1640285615464.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frixel  -

As you are opening the report in Power BI services, navigate to right top (?) --> About Power BI and check the time zone from there and see if it is same as that of your timezone, if not you need to make the changes on report accordingly.   

Hi @Anonymous 

There is the correct/same time as my laptop.

Frixel_0-1640269889600.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.