Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Karim_Hossam
Employee
Employee

Power Bi tenant creation

Hello,

As I Understand, that I can have a Power Bi pro for my organization, without having O365, but I will need only to have a O365 Tenant(which is free).

so Is there a process or guide which explaining, how to create an O365 tenant(not the trial one in O365 Plans)?,as the guide in Power BI docs explains how to assign Power bi licenses from the tenant.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Karim_Hossam,

#1.

AFAIK, register O365 account is free, if you haven't subscription any plans or products, it does not ask for payment.

#2.

After trial expiration, Microsoft will alert you these license has expired, please renew.
If you not pay to renew these license, current trial license will be disabled/removed from your licenses.

For detail information, please refer to below link:

What happens when an Office 365 subscription expires?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Karim_Hossam,

In fact, you only need to create new office 365 account, this operation will generate new tenant.

After this, you only need to consider which subscription will suitable for your requirement.

Reference links:

Set up Office 365 for business

How to create a Trial Tenant in Office 365

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-shex-msft,

if I register in an O365 Plan either essential or premium,.. : I will need to pay its cost also either 5$ or 12$, additional to the Power BI cost. right?

If I use the "trial Tenant", what will happened after the expiration of trial period?, I will still be able to manage O365 admin portal to add users and subscriptions for Power BI?

Thanks

HI @Karim_Hossam,

#1.

AFAIK, register O365 account is free, if you haven't subscription any plans or products, it does not ask for payment.

#2.

After trial expiration, Microsoft will alert you these license has expired, please renew.
If you not pay to renew these license, current trial license will be disabled/removed from your licenses.

For detail information, please refer to below link:

What happens when an Office 365 subscription expires?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.