Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi reports Background color changed when Published

Hi,

I am very new to Power BI. I created one report on Power BI Desktop, when I published the reports and when i viewed the reports on Office 365, all the background color got chnaged to Blue.

Can anyone help me on that. Why it happened? How to changed to defualt color which is there on Power BI Desktop?

Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

What version you used to publish you report? Any background setting or theme enabled on your report?
Please provide more detail contents to help us clarify your scenario:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

BTW, I test to publish my report, but nothing changed with background after publish operations.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-shex-msft,

I am using  2.59.5135.421 64-bit (June 2018) version of Power BI Desktop.

and while publishishing, I am using Office 365, Power BI, 13.0.5851.168 version.

When I checked on Power BI desktop, the Page background is 'white' color only. but after publishing, the Page background changed to blue color on Office 365.

I have imported one theme (.json file). But I never encountered this problem before.

Regards,

Poonam

HI @Anonymous,

I think the issue may related to theme file, have you test to remove theme and re-publish your report?

In addition, you told that display wrong back color in office 365.

Did you mean it works well on power bi service but show wrong background when you embed report to office dashboard?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft,

Thanks for replying!

I created one new Power BI Test reports and published it. It worked perfectly fine.

Then , I tried removing Theme file (.json file) from the report. It didn't wok. Just to make sure, in File-> Option-> Preview Features-> I unchecked the 'Custom report theme ' option. Is there anything else I need to do to remove the theme file?

Here is the json file code. I can see background as 'White' only in the below code.

Also, Does it matter the location of the .json file? Few days back I moved the file to different folder. Is that the cause of it?

{"name":"20171123_AKra",
"background":"#FFFFFF","foreground":"#124191","tableAccent":"#124191",
"dataColors":["#124191","#00C9FF","#001135","#FF3154","#E61E1E","#E6AA1E","#FFFB00","#4BDD33","#82BE1E","#641464",
"#EDF2F5","#BEC8D2","#98A2AE","#4D5766","#273142"],

"visualStyles":
{"*":{"*":{"*":[{"fontSize":10,"fontFamily":"Arial","color":{"solid":{"color":"#124191"}}}],
"general":[{"responsive":true}]}},

"card":{"*":{"labels":[{"fontSize":28}],"categoryLabels":[{"fontSize":14}]}}
}}

Thanks!

Regards,

Poonam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It seems there is some problem with .json file only. After importing file only I am getting background in blue.

But it is happenieng when I am publishing the Power BI report on Office 365. On Power BI Desktop, I am seeing White backgrund only. The above json file I am importing in my report.

Could you please help me on that.

Thanks!

Regards,

Poonam

Hi @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you remove background property from json theme file and try again.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I tried removing the Background property from the json file but still seeing blue background after published. 😞

- Poonam

Hi @Anonymous,

>> Is there anything else I need to do to remove the theme file?

You can click on change theme option and choose use default theme to restore default style.

7.PNG

>>Also, Does it matter the location of the .json file? Few days back I moved the file to different folder. Is that the cause of it?

Delete theme file not effect enabled theme effect, when you import theme file, it will also import json setting to power bi report.

For background color issue, I think it should related to below bold part:

{"name":"20171123_AKra",
"background":"#FFFFFF","foreground":"#124191","tableAccent":"#124191",
"dataColors":["#124191","#00C9FF","#001135","#FF3154","#E61E1E","#E6AA1E","#FFFB00","#4BDD33","#82BE1E","#641464",
"#EDF2F5","#BEC8D2","#98A2AE","#4D5766","#273142"],

"visualStyles":
{"*":{"*":{"*":[{"fontSize":10,"fontFamily":"Arial","color":{"solid":{"color":"#124191"}}}],
"general":[{"responsive":true}]}},

"card":{"*":{"labels":[{"fontSize":28}],"categoryLabels":[{"fontSize":14}]}}
}}

Please use below code to replace original one and test to re-publish:

{
   "name":"20171123_AKra",
   "background":"#FFFFFF",
   "dataColors":[
      "#124191",
      "#00C9FF",
      "#001135",
      "#FF3154",
      "#E61E1E",
      "#E6AA1E",
      "#FFFB00",
      "#4BDD33",
      "#82BE1E",
      "#641464",
      "#EDF2F5",
      "#BEC8D2",
      "#98A2AE",
      "#4D5766",
      "#273142"
   ],
   "visualStyles":{
      "*":{
            "*":[
               {
                  "fontSize":10,
                  "fontFamily":"Arial" 
               }
            ],
            "general":[
               {
                  "responsive":true
               }
            ]
         }
      },
      "card":{
            "labels":[
               {
                  "fontSize":28
               }
            ],
            "categoryLabels":[
               {
                  "fontSize":14
               }
            ]
         }
      }
   }
}

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.