Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

annon

Power Bi live Connection

Good day everyone! 

I am am working out of power bi desktop, and I am using a live power bi data set, but when I open the query editor, my datasource does not load into the query editor. I have left it to sit thinking it is loading but It just doesnt load. 

I have also tried loading the live data in as tables and then trying to query them that way, but have had no luck in doing so also. Does anyone have any recommedations on how I can query my data? I am looking at about 2 million rows is what I would be expecting out of the data. Any help would be appreciated. TIA 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@annon , why do you need to work on the power query in a live connection?

2 million is a small number for the dataset if configured properly. We create all reports on the dataset only.

Are you able to create any report using data set on power bi desktop or on power bi service ?

You have option to create new report on service too

Id need to work because the live data set from power bi is huge, I dont need all the tables in that dataset at all times, I would want to run a query to select the current data I need to build a a report with. 

I can create a report with the data, but only if I load the whole data set into power bi and then create a report that way. 

Does that make sense? TIA

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.