cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wpf_
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power Bi file would not open: Unable to convert an M query in table 'XXX' into a native source query

I have a direct query report that had been working and I even have the report running in the service currently.  But yesterday when I updated the power bi desktop file to the latest version now i can't load the file in bi desktop.  I am getting the msg: Failed to save modifications to the server.  Error returned: 'Unable to convert an M query in table 'XXX' into a native source query.  I have googled around and seems like there are some people that are able to fix it by changing any transformation steps in power query.  The problem for me is that i can't even get to open the file.  I have tried installing earlier versions of this year but I can't open and getting a different msg:  one or more errors occured and can't get any further.  Or another msg: something about arrays and can't go any further.  I can't get back the same version I had working because it is from July 2020 and i cant find that version on line anymore.  

Is there a way for me to load the file and at least let me get back in to fix the transformation steps in power query?  And again, this file/report was working fine, and it is still running in service as we speak.  I really hope i don't have to redo this.  Hope someone can help. Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wpf_ ,

Has the problem be solved?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@wpf_ , I can see few issues reported on the new release. Check if they can help or log a new one

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin

Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!