Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Bi dataset Refresh Issue on Service

Hi,

I have a report that is scheduled to refresh daily. It shows me "Refresh Succeeded" but the visuals on the dashboard do not refresh to show udpated/refreshed data. I have to manually go into Edit option of the dashboard on the Service portal , Refresh it and then the visuals get updated.

This is a very manual process and negates the use of a scheduled refresh for the dashboard. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@veenashenolikar ,

You can refresh the report page manully then you can see the changed data. Or you can pin visual to single tile and then configure tile refresh. For more details about tile refresh, please refer to doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data#:~:text=Tile%20refresh,and%20on%...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft ,

Thanks for your response.

The Power BI dataset is an import. The dataset is schdeuled to refresh daily and our requirement is not for a realtime refresh.

The issue is that the data set gets refreshed as per the schedule and the report refresh timestamp also shows updated date and time. However when I open the report with pages , it does not show the refreshed data.

So if, dataset is refreshed sucessfully we think that the report visuals will have updated data but this does not happen.

Is this a known behaviour or are there any settings/configuratiosn that I need to set up?

Thanks,

Veena Shenolikar

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@veenashenolikar ,

Actually the dataset has been updated but the data modification is just not shown in the dashboard. If you want to see the data change in real-time, please refer to doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-real-time-streaming

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.