Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkk427
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Slicer won't update visual values

I am fairly new to powerBi and a first time poster, so sorry for any incompleteness in my posting. I am analyzing survey results. I have one column that returns a list of all the departments they have worked with to at our company. I then added a slicer to find if that broke out the deparments and searched in the department column to update the results:

Here is that measure:

IsFiltered =
IF(
SUMX('Slicer',
FIND(
'Slicer'[Departments],
MAX('Why Havent you enrolled'[Departments]),,0)) > 0,
"True",
"False"
)

Then I filter on the Chart to show Is Filtered = 'True'

But when the chart updates it does not bring in the correct count for anything, it updates the column values perfectly, but it is still retaining the count prior to the slicer. 

The photos below are the original without clicking on a deparment. For this example I click on coolsculpting as the department, (they should only have one reason, "I am healthy and do not need a portal" as reference in image 3). It is returning the reason correctly, but it is still has the number as 4 when it should be 1. What Am I missing.

Snip 1.PNG

Snip 2.PNG

Snip 3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yuliana. Thanks for Responding. I end up figuring it out. What I ended up having to do was doing a sum with a filter and put that value in my display rather than a straight count:

Enrolled Department Count = CALCULATE(sum('Why Havent you enrolled'[Count]),(FILTER('Why Havent you enrolled','Why Havent you enrolled'[IsFiltered] = "True"))).

And then I removed the aformentioned IsFiltered from my filters.

After I made those two changes it all worked for me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dkk427,

Could you please share some sample data and provide more details about how to reproduce your scenario? In above post, you said "It is returning the reason correctly, but it is still has the number as 4 when it should be 1", how did you calculate the count value? 

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yuliana. Thanks for Responding. I end up figuring it out. What I ended up having to do was doing a sum with a filter and put that value in my display rather than a straight count:

Enrolled Department Count = CALCULATE(sum('Why Havent you enrolled'[Count]),(FILTER('Why Havent you enrolled','Why Havent you enrolled'[IsFiltered] = "True"))).

And then I removed the aformentioned IsFiltered from my filters.

After I made those two changes it all worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.