Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gerdanel1
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Report Builder insert Sub Reports greyed out?

Hi All

Hope someone can help me. I am testing the power bi report builder. I need to make use of a sub report but this funtion is greyed out?

I have created both the main and sub report but the inserting function does not seem to work - what am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gerdanel1 ,

Based on my reasearch, it's not supported for inserting subreport currently. 

you can find more limitations here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports-report-builder-power-bi#limitations-and-...

Best regards,
Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dsandberg
Helper II
Helper II

Does anyone have an estimated timeline WHEN subreports will be supported in Power BI Report Builder? I've got some very useful .rdl's I'd love to move to Power BI.

Can someone let me know when the subreport functionality would be available please? Or is there a work around to be able to do what the sub report would do in Power BI Report builder? Thank you!

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gerdanel1 ,

Based on my reasearch, it's not supported for inserting subreport currently. 

you can find more limitations here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports-report-builder-power-bi#limitations-and-...

Best regards,
Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.