Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Umidjon
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Pro features and refreshing dashboards in Power Bi service

Hi, 

I need your help. I use Power Bi Pro trial version. My trial ends after 2 months. There are any differences between Power Bi Pro trial version and licensed Power Bi Pro version?. If I pay Power Bi Pro fee, what additional features will be enabled?   

Moreover, how can I update reports in Power Bi Service automatically when I make changes in my access database or in my

Power Bi Desktop?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

As far as i know the free trial is fully functional, so you won't see new benefits.  In any case, you can refresh your published dataset by setting up Scheduled Refreshed on it in the Service.  You can do it at certain times, or you can make a Flow that is triggered off a change in your access file that then refreshes the dataset.  You will have a limit on how many refreshes you get a day.  If your access file is stored in the could (OneDrive or SharePoint), you won't need a Gateway.  If it is stored locally, you will.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

As far as i know the free trial is fully functional, so you won't see new benefits.  In any case, you can refresh your published dataset by setting up Scheduled Refreshed on it in the Service.  You can do it at certain times, or you can make a Flow that is triggered off a change in your access file that then refreshes the dataset.  You will have a limit on how many refreshes you get a day.  If your access file is stored in the could (OneDrive or SharePoint), you won't need a Gateway.  If it is stored locally, you will.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.