Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

iusupoveldar

Power Bi Image URL is not being updated

Hi everyone

We are encountering an issue with an image not being updated in Power BI visual.

The image comes from a web page, the corresponding image URL has been loaded in Power BI to fetch the image. So far, everything works fine and the image is displayed in Power BI visual.

The image is nothing but a pie chart on a server that changes dynamically based on certain criteria. Irrespective, the image will always have the same path and name i.e. the image URL will always remain the same.

Now, when we refresh my Power BI desktop report, we were hoping to see the new image, but Power BI displays the old image instead. We are assuming that the image might be cached in memory, so it doesn’t have to fetch that again, is this assumption correct?

If yes, could you please let us know how could we disable it for this particular report?

If not, could you please let us know why would the new image not get loaded in Power BI?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I would agree with that assumption.  To prevent caching add a random query parameter to the image URL.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.