Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abbyyyyyy
Regular Visitor

Power Bi - If condition - Returns multiple rows

Due to some privacy issues, I cannot share the exact file I am working on. But the problem is here, I am trying to assign a rank to the customer (id) based on their revenue. The revenue is calculated based on some other information. However, the problem is 

So, the function I put for Tranche is 

if(Revenue<=0,1,if(Revenue<=100,2,if(Revenue<=300,3,if(Revenue<=400,4,if(Revenue<=500,5,if(Revenue<=600,6,7))))))

And the screenshot is what I got, I don't understand why I have 7 rows for each id.

If I dont put the function, Power BI has 2 rows. So my question is why when I put in the function, it has 7 rows.

idRevenue
a100
b10000

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Usually these results are due to a relationship issue or (more likely) adding Tranche to the visualisation changes the context and it 'blows up' as some people call it.

Revenue is a measure?  We would have to see it please and a data model with sample data would be great (fake data is fine as long as it illustrates the issue)

Also is Tranche a column or measure?

Thanks for the reply. This is what I am tring to do. Here I have three customers a,b and c. Column B is the flag of whether it is headquarter or not and C and D are month and daily revenue

First thing I do is I pushed all the revenue to the "Yes" in column B. So for instance, row 2 and row 3 have the same id and the same month, so the revnenue is pushed up to the "yes" level. Yes has a value of 5 and No has 0. For those that flag is unknown, nothing needs to be  pushed up. 

Avg Revenue adjust =
if(
    Flag(HQ) = "No",
    if(
        Flag(HQ) = "Unknown",
        Main[Avg Daily ACR],
        CALCULATE(sum(average revenue),ALLEXCEPT(Current table,Fiscal Month,Main[GPID]))) ).
SharedScreenshot.jpg
After that, I created a june revenue column, only showing the values based on June Revenue and assign the tranches.
When I selected id and tranches as a bar chart, the result should be each id has 2 rows, for each id, they have 7 different rows,

Instead, for id a, it has 7 rows

Thanks

ere.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.