Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi Format Columns for Forecasting

Hello all.

I’m currently attempting to forecast in Power Bi. However, the table I’m querying brings data into the report in a not so “ideal” format. I’m needing to see the forecasted amount for each property by the month of the year for 2019. However, the report has the months as the column headers and therefore trying to create a relationship to a Date table becomes difficult. Is there a way to expand the table to show me all 12 months for each property in a way that will allow me to draw a relationship to date table.

Here are some sample of my data. The top table is how the data currently comes in. The bottom table on the left is how it should look and would be my ideal outcome. This way I could create a relationship o the Date# in the Date Table.

Is there a way to expand to get this result.

Data help.jpg

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Maybe you can enter to query edit to use 'unpivot columns' feature to transform your table, then you can simply create relationship between transformed table and date table.

Power Query Unpivot Scenarios

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.