Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sanchit
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Desktop10 million row Limitation

Hi

I need some clarity about the PowerBI row limitation. I had watched one video that row limitation is 10 million rows.  I was not able to figure out if limitation is for Data refresh or total no. of rows that Power Bi can analyze or no. of rows in one table that is imported to power BI.

And if I have connected to some Database like MySql , Oracle then also there would be any limitation on no. of rows?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanchit,

Based on my research, if we use Import mode to refresh the data, all data set in the report will be refreshed again. If the dataset has large amount of data, the performance will be poor.

Besides, the table or matrix visual can display whole dataset value and it will generate scroll bar for us to view all data automatically. But in other visuals, like line chart and column chart, it will prompt us that it's not able to display all data as there are too many values, and we need to filter data then display it.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I  have more then 10 million of record to display in power bi report.  the dataset exceeds the 1 gb size and is not supported  both in import and direct query mode.

Do you have any solution to dispaly more than 10 million rows in rpert ?

Thanks in advance

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@sanchit - You can get around the row limitation by using direct access methods. The limitation is for import.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sanchit

If you've got Pro account it takes an hour to load 1M rows in power bi service.
For free account total size of all datasets can be maximum 1GB. For Pro it is 10GB.
Each dataset cannot be more than 1GB for both free and Pro account.

Hope that helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.