Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

farhadkabir
Regular Visitor

Power Bi Desktop Sharing

Hi All,

I want to make a dashboard on Power BI. and It only allows me to share it if I have a Pro account. (makes sense)

But, the person, with whom i want to share my dashboard, also needs a Pro account to access the dashboard (which doesn't make sense).  Now, my organization has 1000+ employees and we want to make this one dashboard available for everyone to see. But, is it worth buying, 1000+ pro liscences for all the other employees who'll have to JUST SEE THE DASHBOARD. I don't think it's worth that. I know the policies were revised in 2017 mid., but still it's absurd. 

Please suggest any alternate solution.

P.S: I know we can share reports to SharePoint / embed it in a website. But i'm here talking about dashboards in particular.

Thanks,Farhad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @farhadkabir,

Instead of buying 1000+ pro licences, you could consider buying Power BI Premium in this scenario.

In addition, here is a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @farhadkabir,

Instead of buying 1000+ pro licences, you could consider buying Power BI Premium in this scenario.

In addition, here is a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Dear @v-ljerr-msft 

I just saw what you were discussed about. But not, so clear about this limit of sharing. So please help to confirm me that, if I used pro license, cannot share the report to Power BI desktop, is it right? And if cannot, do we have another way to share the report from pro license to my co-worker. Yes, it's like @farhadkabir said I just want my team to see only the dashboard, I also think that no need a pro license. 

Thank you so much in advance for your reply back to make me clear. 

Thank you;

SN

Well, i guess that's the closest one can get. Thanks btw 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.