Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

clarkey1988
Helper II
Helper II

Power Bi Count if's based on week number in the row

Hi, I wonder if anyone can assist me.

I'm trying to transport a formula I currently have in excel to BI.

I basically have a flat charge of say $14,100 to each week. Any pro number with a route number "Nestle-12" assigned is bucketed within this $14,100 weekly flat charge. I'm essentially trying to divide this weekly $14,100 evenly to each pro number with the route number "Nestle-12" assigned to it.

So lets say in week 40 we ran 60 pro numbers with route number "Nestle-12" assigned then each pro number would be designated an even split of $14,100/60 = $235.

In week 41 if we ran 30 pro numbers with route number "Nestle-12" assigned then each pro number would be designated an even split of $14,100/30 = $470.

Please could anyone push me in the correct direction? Thanks!

clarkey1988_1-1609790816905.png

clarkey1988_0-1609790791245.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@clarkey1988 tweak it

Measure = 
VAR __fixedValue = 14100
RETURN
DIVIDE ( __fixedValue, CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS ( Table ), Table[RouteNumber] = "Nestle-12" ) )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@clarkey1988 tweak it

Measure = 
VAR __fixedValue = 14100
RETURN
DIVIDE ( __fixedValue, CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS ( Table ), Table[RouteNumber] = "Nestle-12" ) )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@clarkey1988 try with this measure

Measure = 
VAR __fixedValue = 14100
RETURN
DIVIDE ( __fixedValue, COUNTROWS ( Table ) )

in a visual, put the week number and this new measure and you will get the result.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Thanks for the quick response parry2k. However, I would need to do this only for anything with Route Number = "Nestle-12"

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.