Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI

Dear Team,

I am using ArcGIS map in Power BI. I need to show near by unsold property, Sewer, Hospital, Hotel of the selected property. I tried to use one layer from ArcGIS i.e. UnSold Property, it is showing me few properties within a specific location but not near by selected property.

Could anyone please guide, how we can show such information in the map. Do we have existing layer in ArcGIS or if we can create a new one?

Thanks!

Deepak

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The first time I added the reference layer 'unsold property' to ArcGIS map, I faced the same problem as yours that it only shew some property around Minnesota. After I remove it and re-add the layer later, it displayed as expected.

2.PNG

Power BI Desktop has a cache. Please clear the cache data with the following steps:

1) Close all instances of Power BI Desktop

2) Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI       Desktop\CEF\cache

3) Delete all contents of this folder

4) Restart Power BI Desktop

Besides, it is available to add custom layer to ArcGIS map, for details, please see below articles:

Add custom reference layers to ArcGIS

How To Add Your Own ArcGIS Reference Layers for Power BI

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have applied all the steps shared by you. But still getting the same properties near Minnesota only.

Also, I have checked the screenshot shared by you, it's also showing the same properties. If you just zoom out, you will find the properties are for Minnesota only.

Need more clarification please.

Thanks,

Deepak

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Deepak,

As far as I am aware, the ArcGIS map has a certain number of 'built in' reference layers which overlay your map. 

They are simply an overlay and will not reference any of the data you plot. i.e. They do not figure out what is near certain points and then only plot around them.

Also, I believe that the property sold overlays only cover very specific areas of the US, if you are interested in one particular area you'll be very lucky to find it in the arcGIS reference layers. 

I hope this helps,

Will

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.

When I used Unsold property layer, it has shown some property around Minnesota. Not sure why to this particular area.

Also, if we can have similar information for US, then where ever I will have selected property, it will show near by unsold property automatically.

I was thinking, if there is some option to modify the existing layer or if we can create new from the existing by referring it.

Thanks Again.

Deepak

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.