Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI

hi, I am trying to import an excel file which has grouping & hyperlinks .It doesnt load properly into Power BI. Can any one assist ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liang,

I increased the cache limits (was set to default) - still had the same issue . I had to copy and paste into another workbook and then removed the hyperlinks maually befor loading into BI.

Thanks for your advise.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous @

You can try to increase the cache limits.
1. Click Settings->Options->Global->Data Load to expose the "Data Cache Management Options".
2. Try increasing the Maximum allowed (MB):to 16000 (or about double what the current setting is)
test_options.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liang,

I increased the cache limits (was set to default) - still had the same issue . I had to copy and paste into another workbook and then removed the hyperlinks maually befor loading into BI.

Thanks for your advise.

Hi @Anonymous ,

It's glad that you have solved your problem.
Please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Can you please share some screen shot for better to understand your issue?

Don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and mark it as a solution if it helps you!
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , Please see below . I have a few issues loading and extracting correct information

1.Doesnot load (takes for ever) - I just want the cell values to transfer across (not hyperlinks or outline)

2.Some of the cells are formatted in custom format i,.e "Size" colum has values like   3.2 TB ,so the cell  vaule reads 3.2 but I need the unit of measure so I can convert all into one unit.

Thanks in advance

SampleSample

@Anonymous ,

I tried to replicate your issue and I haven't encountered any issue yet. Check below screen shot for input excel and PBI desktop.

2.JPG1.JPG

Don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and mark it as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok . The file is 40 MB .I tried to limit the number of rows to 10 and it loaded fine .However when I load the 500k + rows it is causing issues . I can try sending a sample of the file not sure how I can send it through.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.