Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

antonyf
Frequent Visitor

Power BI with Power Automate - Date format in HTML Table output

Hi 

I'm new to Power Automate as of today and have managed to use the Power Automate function in Power BI to create a button that provides a list of Course Delegates and compiles a HTML table that is delivered by email (output below). The list being based on the filter applied at page level withing my Power BI Report*.

antonyf_0-1620251511206.png

*Note: 
1) The report I'm working on in BI Desktop is created from a dataset in, and connected to, the Power BI Service.
2) The format of the Event Date is set to mm/dd/yyyy in the dataset and is showing as such in the connectred report.

I can set the padding and all is good apart from not being able to work out how to format the date for the Event field within the HTML Table.

How can I set the Evetn date format to dd/mm/yyyy?

Steps in the Flow are as follows.

antonyf_1-1620251811361.png

with the following operations at Initialise Variable and Select Stages

antonyf_2-1620251907711.png

Hope someone can help.
Antony

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@antonyf , mm/dd/yyyy and dd/mm/yy are based on setting on power bi desktop

you can convert in text format MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY

mid(DD__MM__YY[Version_Id],4,2) &"/"& left(DD__MM__YY[Version_Id],2) & "/" & right(DD__MM__YY[Version_Id],4)

thanks for your response. It sort of solves the problem, but I was hoping to identify a way be able to deal with the date once subsumed into Power Automate. I'd already converted the field into the date format required for reporting purposes in BI and was hoping to not need a text version in the dataset. That being a potential problem for end users compiling their own reports. 

My interim solution was to deal with the date in BI by creating an additional field and converting to text as follows:

Event Date(txt)=FORMAT(cbd_delegate[Event Date], "DD-MMM-YYYY")

This solution works for now, but it would be interesting to find out if anyone can identify a route to maintaining the date format in HTML table within Power Automate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.