Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

otgerpeidro

Power BI with Microsoft Project Online Aggregate Columm wrong Summarization

Hi all,

I'm integrating Power BI and Microsoft Project Online and I have created a column which aggregates the sum of cost of each Project's task using the following calculation:

Aggregate = CALCULATE(SUM(TasksInformation[TaskCost]), FILTER(TasksInformation,TasksInformation[TaskFinishDate]<= EARLIER(TasksInformation[TaskFinishDate]) && TasksInformation[ProjectName] = EARLIER(TasksInformation[ProjectName])))

Then the result of this column is the following:

TaskTaskCostTaskFinishDateAggregate
Task 11001/06/202010
Task 22002/06/202050
Task 32002/06/202050

The Aggregate summarization is set to Sum in order to be represented in a Line Chart. The issue is that when is drawn in the chart for the day 02/06/2020 is drawing 100 instead of 50.

How could I avoid to sum twice the same amount for the same day? In order to have a linear graph without peaks made by the wrong sum amounts.

Feel free to revert for amy further clarification.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@otgerpeidro , You can try like

sumx(summarize(Table, Table[Date], "_1", sum(Table[Aggregate])),[_1])

But I think you need to have an additional grouping of project id or something similar to that

Hi @amitchandak ,

When you say to try this sumx(summarize(Table, Table[Date], "_1", sum(Table[Aggregate])),[_1])

Where should I try it? sorry I don't get your answer.

Thanks.

Regards,

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@otgerpeidro ,

Change the aggregation type from sum to max or min in the value section of line chart.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.