Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

simontemplar
Frequent Visitor

Power BI with Dynamics 365 (Relationships)

Hello, I'm loading some tables/entities from Dynamics 365 into Power BI, these entities have relationships in Dynamics 365, but they don't show at all into Power BI, I can't even see any key that can be used for creating a manual relationship.

How can I proceed here?

I really need your help here.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
ScottTynan
Frequent Visitor

5 years on and still no answer to this one? 

How do you get a relationship table to show up?

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @simontemplar,

As I tested, we are unable to import table relationship into Power BI desktop, we only get the resource tables.

On the Home tab, please click Manage Relationships(highlighted in red line)->New. In the Create Relationship dialog, in the first table drop-down list, select a table, and then select the column you want to use in the relationship.

In addition, you also can click the button (highlighted in yellow background), drag the field name, then you can create relationship between them.

1.PNG

More details, please review this article.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Thank you so much for your message.

I'm aware of these steps, but the problem is, when I load the tables the columns I need don't show up, they only show up when I edit or query.

Hi @simontemplar,

Do you load the expected column successfully? The columns don’t show up when you create relationship, right? If it is, please verify a column in one side is unique. In order to create a relationship in between these two columns in Power Pivot, at least one side of the relationship must be tied to a column that is unique in the table. There is no many to many relation in Power BI model.

In addtion, could you please share a screenshot where the problem occurs, so I can analysis further. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors