Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

panzi98

Power BI - webview2 - high RAM consumption

Hello, i've downloaded Power BI desktop today and just by opening it, without even creating a file, connection, nothing. The RAM required is way to high, above 1-1,5 Gb. I've done some research and discovered that webview2 is open multiple times(?). I've seen similar topics but none helped fix this.  I have 16 Gb of memory and it's still really slow.

panzi98_0-1659727830069.png

panzi98_2-1659727877394.png

panzi98_1-1659727855595.png

2 REPLIES 2
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @panzi98 ,

Yes, I have been noticing that the webview puts a heavy load on the system.  So much so that at times I must reboot the computer each time I wish to start a new .pbix.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I've tried rebooting the system. It was working fine until last night. Sometimes the application just starts consuming an insane amount of memory, like 11Gb, for a file that doesn't get to 1Mb, it doesn't make sense and i haven't been able to understand what the problem is or how to fix it. I'm going to try another BI application, but thanks for the input @Nathaniel_C . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.