Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbix
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI vs Data Warehouse

Hi All, 

I was reading this great community thread on the pros/cons of a data warehouse vs Power BI. 

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-Bi-vs-Data-Warehouse/m-p/78650#M32787

I was wondering about what the latest perspective is on whether Power BI can/should be used as a replacement for a data warehouse?

Our business stores < 5 million rows of data and I'm interested in perspectives on whether similar sized organisations have adopted Power BI as their primary data management tool or whether they/you use it on top of a data warehouse? We're considering investing in a SSAS tabular set-up which seems great for highly normalised coprorate reporting but means we can't tap into some of the visualisation and integration tools available in the Power BI environment. 

Is there a road map, or indication, describing the future relationship between SSAS Tabular and Power BI? 

Thanks

pbix

13 REPLIES 13

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.