Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI visuals are all showing black/blank

Something very odd has happened to my local desktop version of Power BI in recent days. Any time I open a .pbix file, the relationships and data tabs are normal, but the visuals no longer show up, other than sometimes I might see a tiny piece of one. The rest of the screen is blank/black. Does anyone know what's up? Every file I try does the same thing.

power BI blank visuals.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The upgrade worked - thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Try the latest version of Power BI Desktop and check the post below.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Desktop-canvas-resolution-issue/m-p/372440#M168949

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft I downloaded the new version of Power BI and it worked great for two days. This morning when I opened it up, it's back to having the scaling issue. I did check the other link you mentioned, but that talks about setting the scaling the same for "both screens" but I'm only using one external monitor, with my laptop closed. Do you know what else could be the problem or how I might get it to work properly?

thanks!

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft so as an experiment, I just tried opening up my laptop so both screens were active, then opened up PowerBI and it works fine. I can then close my laptop and it still appears normally on my big monitor. This is new behavior today though, yesterday I was opening and closing files all day with the laptop closed with no problems. Do you know if there's a way to resolve this?

thanks

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

The upgrade worked - thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.