cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebbieE
Super User I
Super User I

Power BI version Control

I have gone down the rabbit hole of no end of possible solutions to Version Control

I just found this https://powerbi.tips/product/power-bi-version-control-download/

A Free external tool.

My question is, has anyone used it for version control. Is it OK and could it possibly be one of the external tools that you can connect to in Power BI.

It certainly looks like Version control is very much a missing part of the whole process at the moment

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

That's just a slightly more convenient way to store the pbit files.  What we really need is git integration including all the meta data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

That's just a slightly more convenient way to store the pbit files.  What we really need is git integration including all the meta data.

View solution in original post

thanks for the response on this. I think I will leave that one. Im sure there must be something in the ideas log already about this so Ill go and have a look and vote for it

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.