Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JordanPearson
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI using Internet Explorer for oAuth login to Zendesk connection?

Hello, 

We have had reports running between Zendesk & Power BI for over a year, however recently I am unable to connect because I am unable to load the 'Authorisation' screen presented when I do a web -> https://[domain].zendesk.com connection. 

After doing some investigating, it appears that it's because Power BI's oAuth login screen is loaded via Internet Explorer, and the browser is no longer supported by Zendesk. This means I am unable to login to my Zendesk account via Power BI deskop.

Is there a way I can get Power BI to use another browser to load the oAuth page? As it is possible to load it in every other browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JordanPearson ,

According to the information given in the document, This data source requires that you connect with a Zendesk Admin account, otherwise you will not be able to connect correctly. For browser issues, My solution was reinstall IE, and worked, you can also try update or reinstall.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1618543470236.png

Or you can refer to the following steps to try:

v-henryk-mstf_1-1618543768533.png

Here is the reference link:

Connect to Zendesk with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Connect Zendesk to Power BI: A Comprehensive Guide (hevodata.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
emillanc
Advocate II
Advocate II

A new Power BI option enables the possibility to use your default browser to load the oAuth page.

emillanc_0-1640193077752.png

If the authentication window for Power BI (or data connector) can't open for some reason, this option allows you to use your default web browser to authenticate instead.

This answer is really good - allows to avoid the pesky IE. Thanks 🙏

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JordanPearson ,

According to the information given in the document, This data source requires that you connect with a Zendesk Admin account, otherwise you will not be able to connect correctly. For browser issues, My solution was reinstall IE, and worked, you can also try update or reinstall.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1618543470236.png

Or you can refer to the following steps to try:

v-henryk-mstf_1-1618543768533.png

Here is the reference link:

Connect to Zendesk with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Connect Zendesk to Power BI: A Comprehensive Guide (hevodata.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @JordanPearson ,

did you try to set another browser like the new Edge as default browser?

Also don't forget to delete the persmissions from the used data source in the data source settings.

selimovd_0-1618406880216.png

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hi Denis,

Thank you for your response. 

I have set my default browser to Edge, and also to Chrome and I unfortunately receive the same problem. 

Additionally, when I try to clear credentials, and then try to connect to Zendesk via Web once more I receive the following error message, which isn't something I've seen before.

Ultimately I do not want to clear my existing permissions because I fear that by doing so, any existing reports that are still working in web will stop working.

I'm completely lost at this stage as Zendesk do not offer assistance with PBI connections.

JordanPearson_0-1618407383277.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JordanPearson ,it should open on the default browser. check the default browser for windows.

if default browser is selected and it not internet explorer and it open on IE, then log and issue -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Hi Amit, thank you for your response. 

I have tried changing my default browser but I do still have the issue. 

Is there any other things that I can try that you're aware of? I'm concerned that we cannot make any new reports related to Zendesk data until I find a fix for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.