cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLay22
Frequent Visitor

Power BI to Advanced Hunting API Forbidden

Hi,

I am trying to pull data from Microsoft Defender for EndPoint using the following guide:

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint APIs connection to Power BI | Microsoft Docs

I have full admin permissions, and I am able to view everything as an admin when connected through the browser. However, I am still getting an "Access to the resource is forbidden." as below:

MLay22_0-1633365260522.png

I have been trying to look through the settings to see if anything is blocking this data from going into Power BI but have yet to find something that will be blocking it.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Or perhaps knows of a list of checks to ensure that the data can be called into Power BI? For sure I am missing something here...

I created a demo environment, setup endpoint and ran the API with no issues. Really suck with the actual data I need though.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MLay22
Frequent Visitor

Hi albatrosscafe,

I had this issue resolved by an internal Technical Lead in the company. They assigned ATP read role to my admin account. Following this change, the error was removed!

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MLay22
Frequent Visitor

Hi albatrosscafe,

I had this issue resolved by an internal Technical Lead in the company. They assigned ATP read role to my admin account. Following this change, the error was removed!

Hope this helps!

albatrosscafe

No help here, but just throwing it out there in solidarity that I'm getting the same error when trying to follow that tutorial - "Access to the resource is forbidden". I've combed through seeminly every setting in Power BI Desktop, so I'm not sure where to try next

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 with aka link 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!