Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arcellie
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI themes: how to drive default font family (if custom is not on your machine)

Hi guys,

I've searched through the web for this not finding a real answer: how Power BI choose default theme font family when a custom one is not found in user's machine?

Actually we have a custom company theme using a custom font family, however what I see is that, in case of lack of the ttf (for example on mobiles), the default font family seems to be a Times new Roman, which is not actually very friendly.

Is it possible to drive the font choice on the DIN font for example (but only when the custom font is not found)?

Thanks and best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arcellie ,

Yes, Please submit your idea. 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arcellie ,

Yes, Please submit your idea. 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arcellie ,

I reproduced your problem. When we import a font that does not exist, PowerBI will use a default font.

v-lionel-msft_0-1608096990932.png

v-lionel-msft_1-1608097060868.pngv-lionel-msft_2-1608097082520.png

The default font may be used when the custom font does not exist.
But we seem to be unable to modify this default font.

Setting formatted text defaults 

v-lionel-msft_3-1608097693023.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Hi @v-lionel-msft ,

that's exactly the behavior. So if I understand it correctly, there's no chance to drive the default font choice to another one right?

Best regards,

arcellie
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anand24 ,

thank you for your answer.

I've checked this one and try to update the app, howerver I cannot see any changes in the mobile version, even if I apply different fonts (please be aware that the custom theme use a non-canonical font family).

It seems like the mobile phone only searches for the custom font and, not founding it, applies a default one, ignoring any other.

Best regards,

@arcellie,

Seems like changes aren't updating in the mobile device. Not much aware of this scenario.

Can you let us know which device and which version are you using? Also, are you opening the file in Power BI App or any mobile browser?

You can check the issues here and reach out to Microsoft Support here to confirm the limitations in mobile.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Hi @Anand24 ,

actually I'm using Power BI mobile app on IOS, PBI Version 21.9 (last one).

It seems the default font selected doesn't apply...

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @arcellie ,

You can customize the current theme to choose your desired font-family and then save it.

theme.PNG

theme2.PNG

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.