Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MrMike
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI template with Theme

I have a Power BI template file (pbit) and I have a Power BI theme file (json). I want the Power BI theme file saved into the template file. Currently when I copy the pbit file and give it to a co-worker that co-worker opens the template, my theme is not there. So then I copy my theme file and send to co-worker who then asks, "How do I add the theme?", and then I have to step them through how to add a theme to the template. Is there a way to have the theme embedded into to the template? I have over 900 co-workers and I don't want to have to send out a "how to document" to add themes to templates or worst get phone calls and emails on how to add a theme to a template. Best if the template already has the theme in one template file.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hello @MrMike ,

you have to import the theme and then save it as template file.

When you open the template it already contains the theme. Like this you also won't have to guide your people.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

MrMike
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for your quick reply. I will send out a new template to a few of my co-workers and test to see if it works. I will assume you are correct and close this post. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MrMike
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for your quick reply. I will send out a new template to a few of my co-workers and test to see if it works. I will assume you are correct and close this post. Thank you.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hello @MrMike ,

you have to import the theme and then save it as template file.

When you open the template it already contains the theme. Like this you also won't have to guide your people.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.