Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mehaboob557
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Power BI table visual to get only latest date value

I am very new to Power BI. I have connected mysql database to get data. Am doing search in one filter , based on the searched customer, it will show up the data in table visual. But, i stuck to show only the latest date data of a category.

123.PNG

If you see in the above image, there are two initial proposal rows. But, i need only one row of initial proposal category which can be differentiate by the date modified column.

to be more clear --> category Id and date_modified are from table1 and inserted_prefix from table two.

Please suggest me how can i get only the latest data of each category by using measure or any other way.

Thanks a ton in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I Changed  as @v-sihou-msft suggested to make date_modified to latest and the prefix url of data selecting LAST in filters. It was then worked fine. 🙂

Thanks a lot @v-sihou-msft

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@mehaboob557

You just need to click on the date fields, summarize the date into "Latest".

55.PNG

56.PNG

Regards,

Thank you @v-sihou-msft for the answer. I tried as you suggested. But, i am getting 2 initial proposlas still

32232.PNG

@mehaboob557

Please remove the "Inserted Prefix" column first, set the "Latest" aggregation on Date field, then add "Inserted Prefix" back to see if it works. 

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft i removed prefix colum ... it Worked fine as you expected.

But, when i add prefix column again... again two intial proposals were in action 😞

I Changed  as @v-sihou-msft suggested to make date_modified to latest and the prefix url of data selecting LAST in filters. It was then worked fine. 🙂

Thanks a lot @v-sihou-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.